Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Canes

In response to a recent comment, here's a little story for y'all.
I wasn't able to follow the whole thing, but tropical storm (read: not hurricane) Alberto danced his way around the Gulf of Mexico, made landfall somewhere around the Tallahasee area, and headed north through Georgia and South Carolina. We got an inch or two of rain on Monday/Tuesday and a little bit of wind but that was about it. I'm pretty sure he got downgraded to a tropical depression but I don't know where. Only one word comes to mind:
disappointment. Maybe Beryl will come closer.
Is it just me or is that something off the periodic table and not a woman's name?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna Kay said...

ha ha I win! I've had like five earthquakes since I've arrived. Most of them are pretty small and just shake the crap out of our lamps. Usually Mary and I are SO slow at reacting~ we sit there, watching the lamp shake itself to death and then we look at each other, mouths wide open, and I say, "Shouldn't we be under a table or something?"
And then its over.
How come I've missed the richness that is Mary Vacha until now? For you Nebraska people that didn't hang with her~ you snooze, you definitely lose! She is hilarious!
P.s. Yes, I get to drive. And I'm fairly wonderful at it.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home