Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jacksonville

Two words for all of you--frickin', hot. But I figure I'll get used to it soon enough.
I didn't know what day it was until I looked at the date/time on the menu bar of my computer which says Friday. I think it still feels like Thursday, but then I notice that the clock actually says 1:13. It totally does not feel that late, but I guess that's the time change.
The last few days have been somewhat busy getting some things in place for the summer. As to be expected, we've had a couple of snags to work out but for the most part things are going very well. Most of the team leaders are arriving tomorrow (technically today, but we'll say tomorrow because I'm sleeping b/t now and then) so we'll help them get moved in and settled. Take it easy since most of them will have been on the road for a couple of days. Hopefully I'll have some time within the next day or two to haul my car in to get the air conditioner fixed. For those sharp apples in the bunch, put two and two together (or put "ninety-five with humidity" and "car sitting in the sun" together) and see what you get. To quote a friend, "I'm like rotisserie chicken."
More later.

5 Comments:

Blogger jared said...

jake - how long you folks down there this summer. how long does it take a roisserie chicken to cook?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Joanna Kay said...

Jake, three years! Can you believe SIJ stars in like four days? For three years now we've been best friends... wow! You are so lucky! Hey, enjoy Jacksonville and I definitely feel your hot and humid pain dude~ it's like a jungle here. blech! take it easy and catch me up on life when you can

9:09 AM  
Blogger the jake said...

Jared-
We'll be down here for about 9 weeks.
Takes about 4-6 hours depending on the ambient temperature.

Jo-
What do you mean "best friends"? For that matter, what do you mean "friends"? Juliet Kilo. Enjoy the summer workers!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I don't envy that! Hope you are having a good time.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

I'm eating an apple with my feet propped up on your desk in your air conditioned bedroom while I type this. (The apple isn't sharp, so it's okay to eat.) Your closet says, "hi." Hope you're having fun!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home