Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Unequal vs Equally Bad

Looks like Florida's moving against the voucher system for its schools.
John Stossel and Bill Murchison weigh in on the matter.

I tend to agree with both of them. Without trying to disqualify myself from future employment opportunities, I think that the best word to generally describe the state of the education institution in America is "Communism." As long as everything is the same, I guess it doesn't matter if everything is simultaneously good or simultaneously bad. Because the only principle that matters is that there's no difference between anything. Equality rules.

Stepping aside from the sarcasm, I'm looking forward to reading "Capitalism and Freedom" by Milton Friedman (sp?), but I can't find it anywhere in the city libraries. Hmm...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton Friedman is my hero. By chance I happen to be rereading Capitalism and Freedom. There's not much writing like that these days. It's intellectually honest, thought provoking, no one is referred to as a big fat idiot. You'll enjoy it.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home